Cultural Celebrations Term 3, 2023

After lots of practice and hard work from Room 1 and 2, our celebration day finally arrived. All the effort put in by the tamariki paid off. Congratulations to our kapa haka group and a huge thanks to our helpers and your support. A fantastic display of our school values whanaungatanga, mannakitanga, and, Rangatiratanga. A very proud moment and, a beautiful performance, ka rawe!

11 thoughts on “Cultural Celebrations Term 3, 2023

1. I really enjoyed The performance on Thursday. It really let the Maori spirit out to the world and I loved the outfit I loved. I was chosen to do the haka with my friends. I liked How people are so encouraging.

2. I really enjoyed The performance on thursday It really let the maori spirit out to the world and I loved the outfit i loved That I was chosen to do the karanga mai with my friends i liked How people are so encouraging and i thought matua reg is very talented in his own way and i loved that there was so much helping and support

3. It was the culture in my classroom that did kapa haka . I really enjoyed The performance on Thursday. I really like the piu piu and the bodice. It was awesome

4. Kapa haka
    When we were getting ready for kapa haka we were doing our face paint. People loved the photo except me. I felt embarrassed…
    It was nice When you put on the outfits. I felt ready to do the performance. When we went inside, we did the haka, I did the pukana and it was an amazing dance!

5. Culture Day

Culture day was so cool because I was doing the karanga mai. Culture day was so cool because I was wearing a piu piu which was a maori costume. It was traditional.Culture day was so cool because I was doing the stick game. thenWe performed Te iwi e

Firstly, Culture day was so cool because I was doing the karanga mai. The karanga was cool because everyone was doing it right. No one was clueless, everyone knew what they were doing .

Secondly, Culture day was so cool because I was wearing a piu piu which was a maori costume. It was traditional.I was wearing the piu piu with a bodice. My mother came to my school to tattoo everyone.
    Next, Culture day was so cool because I was doing the stick game. The stick game was so cool. The stick game was so cool but Shannah dropped the sticks.

Lastly,Culture day was so cool because I was doing the Te iwi e.Susana was the kaia for the Te iwi e

6. We had A Celebration with Room1 & 2 did the Kapa haka the Boy & Girls did the Kapa haka to with the Boys.
    we were the Piupiu Bodice & the Boys had moko with maiua Reg in Kapa haka. In the Hall we had the Celebration day with Room 1&2 did the Kapa haka. With the Boys & girls the Kapa haka. All the class have fun for all A us.

7. We had a Celebration day with Room 1 & 2 and we did the Kapa haka with the Boys & Girls. We wore the Piupiu and Bodice. The Boys had moko put on by Matua Reg. It was the first I had ever done kapa haka and the first time I wore a Maori costume.

8. Yesterday at school, Room 1 and Room 2 were putting on their Maori custrume .
    In Room 1 matua Reg was doing the moko the boys faces and in Room 2
    Fire Ellen was doing the girls piu piu and their bodice . when we were all done
    Dressing up in our Maori custrume we did a little practice coming into the hall.
    When it was time to proforme . zendeen jaylee and shanah was saying
    The karanga mai. We walked in and spreaded out in lines .
    As soon as we spreaded out in our lines Ellen started playing
    The guitar for te iwi e we started doing the dance when we finished the te iwi e dance we sat down and started doing the stick dance

9. Culture day was fun because we had Jay-lee Zen and Destiny and Shanahdo our karanga mai for the culture day. And after the karanga mai. The girls did te iwi e and e papa then the boys did a haka and after the haka. And we look so good in our costumes and we all did awesome!